CANYON DE CHELLY COTTONWOOD CAMPGROUND
Cottonwood Campground Accommodations
• Includes 93 sites divided into 4 separate areas: loop 1, loop 2, loop 3 and Group Area (site A and B)
• There are 4 restrooms, with flush toilets and sinks. Showers are not available.
• The dump station is located in loop 1.
• Public telephones are available at the Thunderbird Lodge Cafeteria.
• Camping space is limited from October 31st to April 1st.
• Quiet hours are 8:30PM to 6:00 AM. No loud music or generators during these hours.
• Stay limit is 5 days.
• Alcoholic beverages are illegal on the Navajo reservation.
• Camp sites are available on a first come first served basis.
• R.V.’s or vehicles over 40 feet cannot be accommodated.
• No overnight parking along roads, parking lots, picnic area, or at the overlooks.
• All vehicles must be parked in camp site. No vehicles allowed on the campground road.
• No camp fires at any camp site (except group area). Cooking is allowed in grills only, and you must provide your own charcoal. Collecting wood in the park is prohibited.
• Pets must be kept on a leash and pet waste must be collected and properly disposed of in the provided receptacles. Do not leave pets unattended.
• Livestock is not permitted in the Campground.
• All waste water must be emptied in the proper receptacle designated at the dump station.
• Washing vehicles, dishes, pots, hair or bathing at outdoor water faucets and/or the dump station is prohibited.
• Do not feed stray animals.
Group Site Rules
• 2 Group Sites available.
• Fee is $50/night/group site (14-30 people).
• Group camping is for 14 to 50 people.
• Group sites are for tent camping only, and require reservations.
• Reservations cannot be made more than 30 days in advance.
Camping Fees - Cash only
• $14.00/night (up to 7 people/site)
After hours, please use self pay envelopes located behind the entry station.
Download Cottonwood Campground Brochure (193kb)