CANYON DE CHELLY COTTONWOOD CAMPGROUND
Cottonwood Campground Accommodations
• Includes 93 sites divided into 4 separate areas: loop 1, loop 2, loop 3 and Group Area (site A and B)
• There are 4 restrooms, with flush toilets and sinks. Showers are not available.
• The dump station is located in loop 1.
• Public telephones are available at the Thunderbird Lodge Cafeteria.
• Camping space is limited from October 31st to April 1st.
• Quiet hours are 8:30PM to 6:00 AM. No loud music or generators during these hours.
• Stay limit is 5 days.
• Alcoholic beverages are illegal on the Navajo reservation.
• Camp sites are available on a first come first served basis.
• R.V.’s or vehicles over 40 feet cannot be accommodated.
• No overnight parking along roads, parking lots, picnic area, or at the overlooks.
• All vehicles must be parked in camp site. No vehicles allowed on the campground road.
• No camp fires at any camp site (except group area). Cooking is allowed in grills only, and you must provide your own charcoal. Collecting wood in the park is prohibited.
• Pets must be kept on a leash and pet waste must be collected and properly disposed of in the provided receptacles. Do not leave pets unattended.
• Livestock is not permitted in the Campground.
• All waste water must be emptied in the proper receptacle designated at the dump station.
• Washing vehicles, dishes, pots, hair or bathing at outdoor water faucets and/or the dump station is prohibited.
• Do not feed stray animals.
Group Site Rules
• Group sites are for tent camping only, and require reservations.
• Reservations cannot be made more than 30days in advance.
• Group camping is for 15 to 75 people.
Camping Fees-Cash only
After hours, please use self pay envelopes located behind the entry station.
Download Camping Permit Application (96kb)
Download Camping Permit Guidelines (96kb)
Download Cottonwood Campground Brochure (193kb)
Download Cottonwood Campground Fee Waiver Request (78kb)